Subscriber Terms and Conditions
WEBSITE SUBSCRIBER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This page (together with the documents referred to in it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply the services (Service) available through our website www.reikifriend.com (our site) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before registering to use the Service through our site. You should understand that by registering for the Service, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which form the basis of the contract between us (Contract).
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Please click on the button marked "I Accept" at the end of these terms and conditions if you accept them. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to use the Service available through our site.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.reikifriend.com is a site operated by Reikifriend.com Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07098281 and have our registered office at Lowin House, Tregolls Road, Truro TR1 2NA.
- SERVICE AVAILABILITY
- Our site is only intended for use by people resident in the United Kingdom. We do not accept registrations from individuals outside the UK.
- Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
- YOUR STATUS AND GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
- By registering to use the Services provided on our site, you warrant that you:
(a) are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
(b) (if you are registering as a Reiki practitioner) you:
(i) are at least 18 years old;
(ii) currently practice as a trained and in-person attuned UK Reiki teacher or practitioner;
(iii) will comply at all times during the Contract with the Reikifriend.com Code of Practice and Code of Ethics and
(iv) have (and will at all times during the Contract maintain) all appropriate insurance policies, including (without limitation) fully comprehensive public liability insurance.
- The Service does not include the provision of computer or other necessary equipment to access the Service. To use the Service you will require internet connectivity and appropriate telecommunication links. We shall not be liable for any telephone or other costs that you may incur.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service registration process (Registration Details). You further agree that, in providing such Registration Details, you will not knowingly omit or misrepresent any material facts or information and that you will promptly enter corrected or updated Registration Details via the Service, or otherwise advise us promptly in writing of any such changes or updates. You also agree to update your Registration Details (including, but not limited to, your current email address) as soon as they change.
- When you register to use the Service, you will need to enter a unique user name and password to access your account (User ID). You agree that you will not allow another person to use your User ID to access or use the Service under any circumstances. You agree that you are solely and entirely responsible for your User ID and for any charges, damages, liabilities or losses incurred or suffered as a result of your failure to keep it secure. We are not liable for any charges, damages, liabilities or losses caused by or related to the theft of your User ID, your disclosure of your User ID, or you allowing another person to access and use the Service using your User ID.
- Your User ID must not include any of the following:
(a) spaces or tabs;
(b) obscene or profane words;
(c) email addresses or website addresses or representations of email addresses or website addresses;
(d) another user’s username;
(e) consecutive underscores (__);
(f) the word “Reikifriend”.
- You are solely and entirely responsible for any and all use of your account including any charges incurred relating to the Service. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security known to you.
- You acknowledge that the complete privacy of your data and messages transmitted over the internet while using the Service cannot be guaranteed.
- When you submit your Registration Details to us, we will send you an email confirming receipt of your Registration Details but this does not require us to accept your registration for the Service.
- Your access to the Service will commence when we send you an email confirming this.
- By registering to use the Services provided on our site, you warrant that you:
- DATA PROTECTION
- OUR STATUS AND THIRD PARTIES
We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not, or provide you with the means of contacting them. We cannot give any undertaking that products and services you purchase from third party providers or sellers through our site, or from third parties to whose website we have provided a link on our site, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the third party provider or seller. We will notify you when a third party is involved in a transaction, and we may disclose your information related to that transaction to the third party.
- SUSPENSION AND CANCELLATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION
- Access to our Services is made available as soon as we receive your Registration Details and payment. By registering for our Service, you agree that that we can start providing the Service straight-away without waiting until the end of the seven day cancellation period that would usually apply. Consequently, your right of cancellation will end as soon as we give you access to our Service. This means that you will not be entitled to cancel your registration and receive a refund.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under the Contract.
- You can cancel your registration and the Contract at any time by informing us in writing. If you do so, you must stop using the Service.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and/or Contract and/or your right to use the Service shall not affect either your or our rights or liabilities.
- Access to our Service is priced and sold in one year blocks. If you cancel your registration and/or Contract, your registration and use of the Service will continue to the end of the then current registration year, unless you choose to delete your profile in which case your use will cease immediately. You will not be entitled to receive a refund of the part of the price that relates to this period, regardless of whether or not you delete your profile. If we suspend or cancel your registration under clause 6.2, you will not be entitled to receive a refund of the part of the price that relates to the suspension period or the period from the cancellation date to the end of the then current registration month.
- This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
- MODIFICATION OF SERVICE
We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service (or any part of it) without notice to you and shall not be liable to you if we exercise these rights. Where reasonably practicable, we will try to give you reasonable notice of any discontinuation of the Service. If we discontinue the Service entirely, you will be entitled to receive a refund of the part of the price that relates to the period from the discontinuation date to the end of the then current registration year.
- SUBSCRIPTION FEE AND PAYMENT
- The cost of subscribing to our Service will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error (Subscription Fee).
- Where applicable, the Subscription Fee includes VAT.
- We reserve the right to change the Subscription Fee at any time by proving 14 days’ prior notice by email to the email address that you have registered with us. You will automatically be charged the revised Subscription Fee from the end of that notice period unless you cancel your registration in accordance with clause 6 before that date, provided that, in this case, any refund to which you are entitled will be calculated in accordance with clauses 6.5 and 9.
- Payment of the Subscription Fee must be by credit or debit card through PayPal.
- OUR REFUNDS POLICY
- Where we are required to refund moneys to you we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days.
- We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to make payment.
- OUR LIABILITY
- We make no representations as to:
(a) the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement contained in any of the content of our Site (Content). Any views expressed do not necessarily represent our views; or
(b) the qualifications, experience or suitableness of any of the Reiki teachers or practitioners who advertise through our Site.
- You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts, instructions, suggestions and/or opinions given in any Content before relying on them.
- If you choose to receive services from a Reiki practitioner, you must satisfy yourself as to the qualifications, experience and suitableness of your chosen Reiki practitioner.
- The Service is provided by us without any warranties or guarantees. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the internet. In particular, we do not warrant that our Site or the Service or the Content is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything that has destructive properties.
- In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
(a) incompatibility of the Site or the Content with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
(b) technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Service;
(c) unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Content; and
(d) inadequacy of the Content to meet your requirements.
- Except as expressly and specifically provided in this agreement:
(a) we shall have no liability for any damage caused by errors or omissions in any information or instructions provided by you in connection with the Service, or any actions taken by us at your direction; and
(b) all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this agreement.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this Contract is strictly limited to the amount of any Subscription Fee you paid to us in the 12 months preceding the event giving rise to such liability and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the Contract. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your subscription is accepted by us.
- This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
(a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits or contracts;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise;
provided that this clause 10.8 shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property that fall within the terms of clause 10.1 or clause 10.2 or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of categories (a) to (f) inclusive of this clause10.8.
- Where you buy any product or service from a third party through our site, the third party's individual liability will be set out in their terms and conditions.
- We make no representations as to:
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
- EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
(a) Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
(b) Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
(c) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
(d) Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
(e) Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
(f) The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under the Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the term of the Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 12 above.
If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of the Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of the Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into the Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of the Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party's only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
- OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and your use of the Service will be deemed as acceptance of any such changes. We advise you to regularly check these terms and conditions. If you do not accept any change that we make, you may cancel this Contract in accordance with clause 6, provided that, in this case, any refund to which you may be entitled will be refunded in accordance with clause 9.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you register for the Service, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to subscriptions previously entered into by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we you complete your registration (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of you becoming a registered user).
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
Contracts made through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.